Wednesday, March 23, 2011

SID 23202.14

EMERGENCY EVACUATION VEHICLE EEV.2.BX2
GHATAK BLOODSQUAD B-RD-BEANS
GT1 DESIGNATE APPLE MARK TWENTY-SEVEN

WARLOG OF THE THIRD ORDER OF THE ETERNAL GHATAKI


By Priscilla-The-Bride, I yet live to dictate these words, the final record of the Ghataki of Bloodsquad Raven Dawn, my brothers, all; gone now from this realm to pass into a greater Land of Grace, and there to march along the mighty Boulevard to the celestial stair, and on, higher and ever-higher, into the marble halls and carpet-clad rooms of their eternity.

Bravely they fought, and fiercely, after the fashion of their storied forebears, the bloody Ghatak-Bataliko-da-Sangi. As in the poem, they "charged like angry boars, mouths open, slavering, hungry for blood." The filthy infidels fell before us like grass before the scythe, yet even as we gained advantage in the moment, the time of our undoing was at hand. For it was that the onslaught of our ragged and unkempt enemy was but a feint and deception, a mere distraction from the antagonists' true purpose; which was that of the creeping cancerous sneaking filth that can only harm from within, that of the cad, the craven, the underminer and infiltrator. As we finished our task, we felt a shudder in the corridor, then we heard the klaxons sound. The Holy Light, the Planet Breaker, spilling from its shell to consume our great Fortress. While we labored to defeat his brethren, a slinking spy had slipped through our defenses and had broken our plasma core.

The fortress shook and crumbled around us. My brother, Designate Limebark Hash Thirteen, bade me make my escape, so that the Warlog might not perish. So it was that I watched my brethren and vat-mates embraced by Holy Light, even as I ran away with the pinklings and the mandroids and the fish-that-walk.

And here is the end of this final entry, as I ready myself for the Yet-To-Come, when I must wander evermore, never again to see the glory of battle. I must pass the Warlog to my Master, and then follow the hidden routes and causeways to a place far away from my people to live out my empty days.


No comments:

Post a Comment