Saturday, January 15, 2011

SID 23112.29

KEINMOND-CLASS MINING PLATFORM KEINMOND II
PLASMA DRILL TECHNICAL TEAM KTT-1
CT2 ARMIN SHALE

TECHNICIAN'S LOG

Ok, so here's my big question about this whole feedback damper katastrofo: why are we sending so much accumulated plasma energy to the drill in the first place? As it is now, the SOP has us feeding 400 kilocams of APE into a plasdrill that is rated for a max of 250 kilocams. We have to shunt half of the APE to the damper loop just so the drill doesn't go redline and blow us all to smidirini. Of course, with this damper loopback deal, the reserved plasma energy is being channeled back into the main drill stream with enough of a delay that we stay below the maxline on the drill. Yeah, the drill stays in the blue, but the drill stream gets a turbo boost, which if awesome if we're trying to blow up planets but sucks if we're just trying to make a big hole.

The obvious solution to the problem is to just disable the damper and cut the the volume of APE we send to the drill, which is what I've suggested to Bert. He agrees, in principle, but says the bosses don't want us to tamper with the damper (hee hee, rhyme) at all, not under any circumstances. They just want us to keep running live tests (we've started to attract quite a crowd for these, for some reason), keep gathering data (and debris), keep giving presentations and demonstrations. I'm like, "How many times do we need to demonstrate that the drill doesn't work right?", and Bert just gave me a funny look and shook his head.

Anyway, hope this testing doesn't mess up the holidays coming up. Festini da fratos is in less than a week, and I'm looking forward to going back home to Kasmakani and getting some of Aunt Hank's home-made peanut butter banana pie. Man, I can't help it, but I do love Tupelotide. Gotta get my shopping done, though. Need to zip down to the exchange, see if they have any of that Spico Malnovo that my Ma likes. Tried to give her that Ledo de la Angla stuff instead last Festini, and I thought she was going to chuck it at my head. My Ma doesn't mess around when it comes to fragrances.

No comments:

Post a Comment