Friday, October 22, 2010

SID 23110.22

STARCOACH-CLASS TRANSPORT PROPRIETY
PLASMA DRILL TECHNICAL TEAM KTT-1
CT2 ARMIN SHALE

TECHNICIAN'S LOG


Just settled into my quarters for the trip. I’m on a Starcoach, and a newer one at that, so the room is HUGE and still in pretty good nick. Big bed, fairly large vid (not holomac, though), nice shower/convenience station combo (with three sonic heads!). Lots of drawers and cabinets and such. All in all, not too bad, especially compared to that Starbus I took last Spring to Deytuni Prime. My room on that boat looked like someone had been using it as an abattoir.



I’ll probably run down to the food center in a minute or two and grab something, maybe a turrico if they have any for sale (surely they do on a Kismiti transport!). If I can’t find a turrico, I’ll hit the machines, see what they have. After dinner, guess I’ll spend the rest of the evening studying up for tomorrow.



Oh yeah, tomorrow. See, just because it takes two days to travel to Kismy Prime doesn’t mean that I’m not expected to work during those two days. No way. I’ve got meetings and training sessions all day tomorrow and into the next day. Gotta get up to speed on the plasma drill, gotta learn about load ratios and plasma collection ports and gamma inducer coils. Yeah, fun.



Still, I’m pretty excited about the new assignment, I’ve gotta admit. It’s a high-profile gig, and it'll be good for my career. Plus, Kismy Prime is right there, so every endweek will be be a mini-vacation, with all expenses covered by the Imperium. Hey, maybe I'll even meet someone. You never know; it could happen. I'm just hoping Graeme doesn't hang around. Ever since he learned that I was being transferred with him, he's decided we're buds. I have tried to be nice (don't know why), but the fact is I just want him to leave me alone. I thought we had decided that we don't like each other. I'm not sure that I'm quite ready yet to change my mind about him.



Hmm, that's my stomach. I think I'll check out the food court now. If they don't have turricos, then maybe a couple of battos. Hmm, yeah, battos...

No comments:

Post a Comment